Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: A time when I got a stereotype is when we were at a soccer court and my friends thought that because I was Hispanic I was good at soccer even though I don't play. 

Summary: Today, we looked at different kinds of stereotypes for different cultures.

Reflection: Stereotypes are basic and simplified characteristics of a culture that aren't always accurate and can be offensive. I feel like we all stereotype people, whether it's intentionally or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

After reading the first five letters of The Color Purple, reflect on your thoughts and emotions as you experienced Celie’s early voice and struggles.

Prompt: Write about a truth you were afraid to accept.